Most Scandinavians grow up eating marzipan regularly. They put marzipan in cookies and cakes, make it into bars, and turn it into candy. Chocolate-covered marzipan is probably one of the simplest marzipan recipes you will ever encounter and one of the best tasting!
If you are not a fan of marzipan, try it again! Marzipan is a treat you enjoy more every time you eat it. I cannot even count the number of friends and family members who have spit out my marzipan the first time around and now eat all of my marzipan when I make it.
I would love to see what you come up with. Be sure to share your comments and pictures below!
7 oz. box Odense Marzipan Almond Candy Dough
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Form marzipan into balls about 1 inch in diameter and set onto parchment paper.
2. Fill sauce pan with at least 1-1 ½ inches of water, and place double boiler on top. Heat on high.
3. Pour chocolate chips into double boiler, stirring frequently and melting until smooth.
4. Drop marzipan into chocolate, one piece at a time, and roll through the chocolate using two utensils (I find it easiest to use a fork and a knife).
5. Set chocolate-covered marzipan back on parchment paper and allow to cool. For best results, place cooled marzipan in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
6. Eat with coffee or as a dessert!
Check out other Danish recipes, and share your thoughts below!