Something I have always loved about candle making is that it gives you the opportunity to invent something completely new. Whether it's creating a new shade of blue, a beautiful blend of scents, a unique candle decorating opportunity, or a combination, the choice is yours.
Like my stained glass candle, this marble candle was designed simply with leftover supplies from a mosaic stepping stone that I made. Instead of discarding extra marbles, I decided to repurpose them to decorate the jar walls of my candle, giving it a unique design that is different than anything I have ever seen in a store.
I would love to see what you come up with. Be sure to share your comments and pictures below!
Soy wax flakes, ~1 lb
Large cooking pot
Candle pouring can
Candle fragrances and colors (if desired)
Wick with clip
Wax adhesive (or wick keeper)
Step by Step:
1. Lay plastic bag on work area...it makes cleanup so much easier!
2. Attach wax adhesive to bottom side of wick clip. Scoop out wax adhesive with a butter knife and spread it with your fingers onto the bottom of the wick clip. Be generous with the wax so that it sticks more easily. Then adhere to center of Mason jar using a butter knife or other long object.
3. In the same way that wax adhesive was used to hold wick clip in place, attach to the flat side of each marble. Push marbles against inside wall of Mason jar; use a generous amount of wax and more marbles than desired, as pieces are prone to coming loose once hot wax is poured. To prevent too many pieces from falling, let the melted wax cool for as long as possible before pouring into jar.
4. Wrap wick around wooden skewer a few times, positioning skewer above top of jar so that wick within the jar stands straight up. The skewer will keep the wick in place while the candle wax is being poured. The flat skewers work best because they will not roll.
5. Fill large cooking pot with 1-2 inches of water.
6. Pour candle wax into candle wax melter. Then place candle wax melter into large cooking pot to create a double boiler. If it look